Voorhees Animal Orphanage will provide compassionate shelter and adoption services for the animals entrusted to our care with a goal of safely reuniting them with their owners or finding them suitable and permanent new homes. As part of our role in the community at large, we also support pet owners, animal lovers, and companion animals through humane education and outreach.
- Operate to meet or exceed a 90% live outcome rate (no-kill);
- Shelter and support rescued animals until they are returned to their owners or find permanent homes;
- Provide individual care with compassion for animals and their families;
- Humanely end the suffering of any animal that is irrecoverably ill, injured, or incapacitated;
- Provide spay/neuter and a microchip for every animal that is adopted from the shelter;
- Educate the community regarding the humane care and handling of companion animals;
- Be thoughtful, civil, and supportive while caring for our animals, our community, and each other.
- To operate as a model shelter and adoption center, returning to their owners or securing permanent homes in a timely fashion for every animal that can be saved;
- To be an exemplary shelter and adoption center through collaborative partnerships, responsible business practices, and exceptional customer service;
- To implement an innovative and successful business model for shelter, adoption, foster, and rescue partnerships.
- Maintain or increase the number of successful live outcomes via existing programs;
- Innovate in working with rescue partners, private animal welfare agencies, and municipal animal welfare agencies to develop and implement new and effective programs to increase live outcomes;
- Maintain fiscally responsible and fully transparent business and operations practices.