Voorhees Animal Orphanage will provide compassionate shelter and adoption services for the animals entrusted to our care with a goal of safely reuniting them with their owners or finding them suitable and permanent new homes.
- Operate to meet or exceed a 90% live outcome rate (no-kill);
- Shelter and support rescued animals until they are returned to their owners or find permanent homes;
- Provide individual care with compassion for animals and their families;
- Humanely end the suffering of any animal that is irrecoverably ill, injured, or incapacitated;
- Provide spay/neuter and a microchip for every animal that is adopted from the shelter;
- Educate the community regarding the humane care and handling of companion animals;
- Be thoughtful, civil, and supportive while caring for our animals, our community, and each other.
- To operate as a model shelter and adoption center, returning to their owners or securing permanent homes in a timely fashion for every animal that can be saved;
- To be an exemplary shelter and adoption center through collaborative partnerships, responsible business practices, and exceptional customer service;
- To implement an innovative and successful business model for shelter, adoption, foster, and rescue partnerships.
- Maintain or increase the number of successful live outcomes via existing programs;
- Innovate in working with rescue partners, private animal welfare agencies, and municipal animal welfare agencies to develop and implement new and effective programs to increase live outcomes;
- Maintain fiscally responsible and fully transparent business and operations practices.